Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Monday Review: The Complete Idiot’s Guide To Wicca And Witchcraft 3rd Edition

    I know it's been awhile since I did a review, but also been a while since I finished a book, been being a slow reader lately. I've also had a lot on my mind, so it has had to go somewhere. I still have a lot on my mind too. But today we are reviewing The Complete Idiot's Guide To Wicca And Witchcraft 3rd Edition by Denise Zimmerman and Katherine A. Gleason and Revised with Miria Liguana.

    It is a wonderful book for those starting out in Wicca or Witchcraft in general. It lays out a great foundation for Wicca and Witchcraft. Giving a brief history of it and what the general beliefs of Wicca are as well as dispelling many of the misbeliefs of the religion. It then goes into the religion itself explain the most basic pieces through the first several chapters. Then getting more complex as it goes along.

    It even lays out a practice schedule roughly for your first year and a day at the very end, which I quite helpful if you are ready to practice after reading this. Some will be and some will want to do more research first. For me it answered many questions and let to more still. And led me on a journey to more reading before I start practicing but that is my own spiritual journey as I believe everyone walks their own spiritual journey.

    This book won't answer all of your questions it will give you a good start to the answers though, and dispel many myths about Wicca and Witchcraft though. It is more of a jumping off point for study in this field than an end all solution for all your answers. But with that said it is an excellent jumping off point. That is why I'm giving this book 5 stars out of 5 stars. *Tips hat and walks out the door in search of a bed to fall into.*

1 comment:

  1. Wow Chris,

    This is definitely interesting. I didn't know you were into wicca. Cool.

    Kyanna K.

    ReplyDelete