Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday Chit Chat: It's Been A Crazy Week

            I know I have been silent the past couple of days and I’m sorry for that but been pretty crazy around here. Nothing I can go into detail about though. As I write this there is a thunderstorm going on outside, and it is music to my ears. Always has been for the most part. And I know normally I have a spiritual reflection up on Sundays, but I just wasn’t feeling it today. So I figured we could chit chat over coffee, and just reflect over the week since I failed to do so on Saturday. Kind of decompress if you will.
            It has been a long but good week. I got my school work done early. I even have a topic mostly planned out for my final project and my Professor is willing to help me with it to a degree. Going to require me picking up some more books of course. But I don’t mind one bit. My plan is to use Jurassic Park as I research the Chaos Theory. Have been interested in it since I was in fifth grade. Now I get to do a paper on it finally after all these years. I’m planning to try and have my school work done early this week as well. My friend, Jeni, really has rubbed off on me when it comes to study habits. She works so hard at it that it inspires me to push harder as well.
            Speaking of Jeni we finally reconnected after many weeks of not talking. It was good to be talking to her again. Got me staying up late again since that is what my late nights have been reserved for, for so long was talking to her till the wee hours of the morning. Her smile brightens up any room just how she is. And yes I am overprotective of her and always will be. She knows it and accepts it too. But she is just as overprotective of me, which always makes me blush. And whoever we end up with has to understand that connection we have.
            Connections are important in life. They lift you up when you are down and help you out when you need it. As well as help heal you when you are wounded mentally or spiritually. Sometimes they last only a few minutes or an hour. Other times they last years or even a whole lifetime. I have been lucky enough to have a lot of the lifetime ones. Well at least ones I see as lasting my whole lifetime. I’ve had others last only a bus ride or wait time in a waiting room, but sometimes that was all the other person or I needed. I know when these things occur that I am right where I am supposed to be at that moment.
            I don’t run when things get difficult. I stand my ground and I fight. Come at me all you want, make fun of me, hit me, whatever. But when you mess with my family and that includes my friends. Then you are just asking for trouble. I don’t care what happens to me. But when it comes to them I am a beast and extremely overprotective. Think of it as a six foot Godzilla that is protecting what matters to him most. Once you set out to harm them you are bound to see me standing in your way. And you will not get through me even if I die in the process.
            If I sound a bit feisty today, well I am. And some will understand why from this week. Others just have to trust me that I am justified in being this way. I don’t rile easily now a days, but when I do I am justified. I don’t go looking for trouble, trouble comes to me. I hope overall you have enjoyed today’s little chit chat. Feel free to leave your thoughts on it below in the comments section. For now I am thinking I want some Hot Pockets. *Tips his hat and walks out the door headed for the kitchen.*

1 comment:

  1. Loved it and love you the way you are my friend, Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete