Sunday, July 12, 2015

Spiritual Sunday: Death And The Afterlife



            Well today is the last day of vacation and tomorrow I jump into another class. I’m sort of looking forward to it and sort of dreading it, since the subject is Mathematics. I think I will do pretty well due to how it is being presented. The first week is at least something I enjoy in the subject and that is logic problems. But for today I’m feeling good and planning to relax and do a ton of reading. I will do stressing and worrying tomorrow when the class actually starts. But I have been thinking of writing out a bucket list lately since I am getting older. As well as writing out a final will and testament. Nothing is wrong with me but you never know what can happen. I mean at this point I have to face the fact there is no getting out of this life alive. Science hasn’t progressed that much yet.
            That brings us to today’s topic, which is death and the afterlife. Personally I think everyone has to choose their own way they want to be buried. Me personally I want to be cremated and buried as a tree with a headstone marking where I am buried. Just so people could come visit me as a tree and remember me. And I wouldn’t want one of those gatherings where everyone was weeping. I would want a party thrown in my honor with everyone sharing memories of me and having a good time. My mother thinks along the same lines as me as well. But everyone has their own unique twist to it. Some more religious than others. Or as they might say more traditional. And I have no problem with that. Death is a personal thing. As for when I am actually dying I would like someone there with me that I know just to talk me into the other side as I call it. Always been afraid of dying alone. Not really sure why either.
            As for the afterlife I always thought you were judged by your heart more than by every little thing you did right or wrong. I mean there are some wrongs that weigh heavily against you sure, but not the ones that the church seems to preach against constantly. I always thought of the afterlife as someplace to rest and think and maybe even read if you wanted to. As well as catch up with old friends. But eventually unless you had learned all you could you would be sent back to Earth for another round of learning. And every meal would be a feast. And you could sleep in between if you wanted to but rarely did anyone want to sleep. Especially the new arrivals, which kept everyone up for a while that new them. Plus you always arrived in the afterlife in an adult body but it was you in like your 20s or 30s, something like that. And which version of the afterlife you got put into depended on your beliefs. So you can see mine is a mix of Christianity and Wicca so not sure where they will put me. Everyone has their own view of what the afterlife will be like and no two are exactly the same. And not everyone is comfortable talking about it. Others like me are fine with sharing it.
            I hope you enjoyed today’s look at death and the afterlife mainly through my eyes. Feel free to comment about your views on death and the afterlife below if you want. For now I am going to go get some more Strawberries. *Tips his hat and walks out the door heading for the kitchen.*

No comments:

Post a Comment