Thursday, May 14, 2015

Wednesday In The Library: National Geographic Magazine

    I do apologize for there not being an essay up yesterday, but I was sleeping all day yesterday because of pulling an all nighter. Now of course my sleeping pattern is messed up. But I'm working to get it back on track quickly. And playing catch up with my schedule. But I will get there without a problem I think. And the rest of the week should go fairly smoothly. Just have to get really in the game on my studying that has faltered a bit from where I wanted it to be in the first week of this class, but I think I can recover and make it work.

    But today we are in the library and talking about National Geographic Magazine, which I have been reading since I was in fifth grade. I started out with just being interested in the pictures and the maps. But I slowly got to reading the articles and getting wrapped up in them. I got my first subscription in the early nineties. Every time it came in the mail I devoured every issue, though I've lost those issues since then as well as the maps they came with. But I still remember many of the articles I read from back then.

    I lost my first subscription around 2000 but around then I wasn't very interested in reading anything. But about a year ago I finally caved to wanting a subscription to National Geographic Magazine again. I now have it in digital and physical form. I like having a physical copy for my bookshelf and to flip through and see what to expect in the coming month. Then I read the digital copy with all the add ins. I really do enjoy all the add ins with the digital edition and it is easier to get through the digital edition for some reason.

    I plan to keep both physical and digital editions of the magazine for as long as I live and can read them. And eventually pass on the magazine to my son, Aedan. I think he will enjoy them immensely. Plus I'm working on getting all the pull outs from the magazine framed and hung up around the house. Especially since they are so aesthetically pleasing and informative.

    I hope you have enjoyed our time in the library today and please do leave comments on what you think of National Geographic Magazine or favorite articles from it. Tomorrow we will be looking at my time at the YMCA. For now I'm going to go get a late dinner and I do apologize for this being late. *Tips his hat and walks out the door and heads for the kitchen.*

No comments:

Post a Comment