Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wednesday In The Library: Lightspeed Magazine



            Good morning, I’m actually up early. Mainly because a friend is dropping by early this morning. So as you can imagine I’m hitting the coffee hard. That and I took a nap so now it is night time. It’s been a long day but I am still trucking along. I’ve been researching a good portion of the day since I am behind on today’s topic in the library.
            Today we are looking at Lightspeed Magazine edited by John Joseph Adams. It is a Science Fiction and Fantasy literature magazine. Inside you fill find it filled with tons of short stories and novel excerpts as well as novelettes from the genres. Plus they look at all sorts of tropes and authors in the genres. You can easily get lost in the magazine for hours at a time just reading and reading. They cover every aspect of the genres you can imagine. Though they tend to lean more towards the Science Fiction aspect from what I have read over the past few months.
            And as I have covered here in the library before they do a special issue every year towards a minority group with stretch goals for Fantasy and Horror. Which they routinely hit. These issues are the only ones to appear outside of eBook format as well. And they are definitely worth the investment to get them into your library. I’ll be picking up this year’s three when they hit the stands for sure.
            I first got into the magazine through the special issues and subscribed shortly afterwards. The price is really affordable for anyone on a budget and packs a lot of content as well. I can’t see anyone being disappointed in this magazine for the price you pay for it. Look to see the special issues coming up in my book reviews in the future at some point.
            I hate to cut it short but it is getting close to my med time. As always I hope you will check out Lightspeed Magazine and give it a shot. I’m sure you will enjoy it. I look forward to your comments below. For now I am off to take meds oh joy, *Tips his hat and walks out the door headed for the medicine cabinet.*

1 comment:

  1. thanks buddy another wonderful post. I will be sure to check it out.

    ReplyDelete