Monday, April 13, 2015

Monday Beginnings: Plotting Out The Week


    I actually got up before the night today, but sharing a computer with someone else temporarily and they had college work they were working on too. So I waited patiently and you get a bit of a late post, but I caught up on some reading at the same time so not all bad. And once more it is Monday folks, which means I'm already plotting out my week folks. I'm not just talking the blog either. I've got a lot of work I want to get done this week. Some of it back work and it is getting done this week.
    First and foremost on my agenda is finding out the reading for this week's class and getting it done. Then I'm on to discussion boards and critiquing the revisions made last week. Now that sounds like a four day thing to do with class sure. But in between that there is my own writing and reading I plan to get done as well as some cleaning that will have to be done. Yes I'm actually planning to do some cleaning this week despite what some would like to think. Plus I have to redo my bookshelves they are long over do for a rotation of sorts.
    But what will see you see this week. Well there will be an essay tomorrow I'm still trying to decide what prompt I will use though I have a good idea of which one. Wednesday we will be discussing John Scalzi and Thursday I will be posting the flashback to Easter for me as a kid that I meant to have up last week. And on Friday we might be in for a scary story depending on where I take the prompt.
    Now on to my soap box for the day. What the hell is up with the attack on diversity in literature in libraries? I mean seriously we talk about accept people for who they are and where they come from, and that should include in literature as well. If you don't like a book that is fine don't pick it up, but don't exile it from the library, so that no one is able to read it. That is just plain wrong. We talk about free speech so often and that includes in literature, so barring a book from a library is just as bad as punishing someone for something they say. If you are for free speech then you are also against banning books in libraries it is plain and simple.
    But I'll climb down off my soap box for now. Hopefully you are having a good Monday and your Tuesday will be even better. For now I'm going to go raid the cabinets and do some writing as well as catch up on the reading I'm behind on. Feel free to comment below if you have a thought on anything I've said today. *Tips hat and walks out the door to raid the cabinets.*

1 comment:

  1. On the attack on diversity, people will always be afraid of what they refuse to learn and accept. I am looking forward to your blog posts Chris! Have an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete