Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Wednesday In The Library: Tad Williams



            So I’m up on one of my rare sleepless nights, and I figured would start today’s column early. Never quite sure what keeps me awake on these nights just something won’t let me go to sleep. Well I finally got to sleep since I started out on today’s column and then slept all day. Not too happy about that. But getting my butt into gear now. I wasn’t sure what to talk about today till I looked at my bookshelves and saw The Bobby Dollar Series by Tad Williams staring back at me. Though it is the only thing I have read by him I figured I would talk about him and the series in the library today.
            The series follows Bobby Dollar an advocate angel as he gets caught up in a scandalous conspiracy first and then as it gets deeper and deeper. Even as he falls in love with a Demon.  Then when he finds out his partner and best friend is the traitor to Heaven he has to make a hard choice. Which makes things even more tangled up. Then he jumps into Hell to try and save his Demon lover giving us a look inside of there. It is one hell of a trip pardon the pun.
            Tad Williams has certainly created some memorable characters in this series as well as a fictional place that seems very real. Along with making people question just how the spiritual realm works. Makes me wonder what lies in other books he has written and want to read them as well. I find that he doesn’t use a word without meaning to seemingly. But that he also goes deep with his thoughts in writing. Plus he uses rich language while making it easy to read and follow at the same time. If I remember hearing write one of his other books is a cat adventure unlike anything you could imagine, which intrigues me.
            I think Tad Williams is going to become a member of the growing list of authors that I follow as far as reading books when they come out. I’m hoping I can get an autographed copy of the next book in the series when it comes out. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one. I encourage you check to out Tad Williams. Especially The Bobby Dollar Series. Feel free to leave comments below on what you think of Tad Williams or any recommendations of books of his that you have read. For now I’m going to get to work on try to get my school work in early. *Tips his hat and walks out the door heading for the study.*

1 comment: