Thursday, February 26, 2015

Wednesday In The Library: Kory M. Shrum


    So I know I'm running late again today, but I needed a nap after tackling this week's school work. As well as setting up and starting on next term's work load. It's my first fiction writing workshop and I'm just a little excited. I enjoy my writing classes a lot. More so than some of my reading classes so far but they will probably equal out by the time I'm done my Bachelor's Degree or come close to it at the very least.
    This week in the library we are talking about author Kory M. Shrum who has written the books Dying For A Living, Dying By The Hour, and the soon to be released Dying For Her all titles in The Jesse Sullivan Series. She has also written the short stories Blind and Dive. She is a very talented author in whatever she pursues in her writing career. She is also wonderful to talk to in the Google Hangouts she has held at her book release parties to date.
    I won't spoil any of her works for you, but I do encourage you to go pick them up since they are very affordable. She is good to her fans like that. Her main character that she works with Jesse Sullivan is witty and sarcastic among other things, and will have you laughing all through her books. Ally, Jesse's assistant and best friend among other things, will give you a softer view of things throughout the books and just makes your heart break at times. Brinkley can be frustrating at times and mysterious in the first two books, but we are supposed to get answers in the forthcoming third book in the series about him, Dying For Her. I look forward to finding out more about him and his past as well as what he has been doing in the shadows during all of this.
    Kory M. Shrum is also known for her charity work as is most notable with her short story, Blind, where she donated all the money made from it to The Dreaming Zebra Foundation. A charity providing support so that young adults can explore and develop their creativity in the arts. A very noble cause in a time when funding for the arts is being cut from our education system still despite the value it has in people's lives, which has been shown time and time again.
    I'm not free of bias though, I mean after all I have won multiple prizes from Kory M. Shrum including a copy she used for editing the second book of The Jesse Sullivan Series with editing notes and all. I consider it one of the prize possessions in my library. If you want to keep up with her you can at http://korymshrum.blogspot.com/. I recommend it she is a great writer and gives good advice and interesting stories. Plus great giveaways among other things.
    As you can tell I'm a big fan, but check Kory M. Shrum out for yourself and see what you think. I'm sure most if not all of you will enjoy her writing. But only you can decide for yourself. Let me know what you think in the comments I look forward to a good literary discussion, but for tonight it is getting late so I have to go for now, but I'll be back tomorrow and hopefully earlier. *Tips hat and walks out the door in search of coffee.*

No comments:

Post a Comment