Thursday, October 15, 2015

Thursday Coffee: Over 200 Posts



            Good morning readers and sorry I have been away so long been busy with school work and still some trouble with sleep issues. But they are getting better and my energy level is getting higher again. And yes believe it or not you have been with me through over 200 posts to this blog. And eventually when I get enough entries into each column I plan to publish them all in book format. But I am also very thankful to you, my readers, for being along for the journey. And reaching this milestone with me. There is still a long road ahead of me and I hope you will come along for the rest of the ride.
            This has been a sanctuary for me and you have always listened with open minds and hearts. And that has meant a lot to me over the past couple of years as I have worked on getting the blog up and running. It is still a work in progress even as I write this, but much more formed than when I first started out. That and I post a lot more regularly. As well as having a bit more structure to it. I’m still not at my desk all the time when writing like I want to be but I have made some progress on it. Gotten a little better at cleaning as well though not much. I’ve been through ups and downs with your constant support lifting me up or cheering me on. Made discoveries about myself and found things long hidden away in my subconscious as well.
            You have been a huge help in my recovery and I hope will continue to be here and continue to do so. Even as I change directions in my writing career and start by doing short stories like a lot of those I admire did. It is just where I think I have to start to build my reputation and audience from. But at the same time I will be chipping away at my novel ideas as well. And with Nanowrimo coming up I plan to be very busy. Though I am taking Halloween off to enjoy scary movies and candy and popcorn. Not sure what dinner will be before that but I will figure it out around then. And Halloween’s column will be prewritten ahead of time since I want it to be a spooky story.
            As this blog has gone on you have listened to be scream out my emotional pain in writing and that has taken loads off my shoulders and I thank you for that. I also hope at the same time I have brought you a little joy as well with some of my writing. I will write that bestseller everyone keeps chiding me to write eventually. Just takes time to build confidence as well as get through the trauma I have in my life. Which as I took a nap while writing this crept up on me and smacked me around a bit. But thanks to me having such a great support network I got through it. The therapy my counselor has is working but it can be exhausting. *Raises cup of coffee. * And she is right it is not for pussies. Some of the emotions I have felt through this I have barely been able to control from bursting out of control. I don’t mind feeling emotions but I don’t want to be out of control either.
            Maybe that makes me a control freak over myself, but I don’t like being out of control of myself it makes me feel like a monster. And I don’t want to be a monster anymore. I was that way as a kid and it took me over 12 years to get to where I am now. And a lot of help from friends and family being supportive. It wasn’t easy either and I will never try to say it is easy. And I am always willing to help someone get from where I was to where I am. Because someone reached a hand down to me and helped me up before when I was younger. I will continually pay it forward. Feel free to ask for my help. I’ll sit and talk with anyone in need of a friend for hours if need be.
            In my eyes no one has just their job to think about in this lifetime. It is about us helping one another to succeed on all levels. Helping out each other doesn’t make us weak it makes us stronger as a unified force. When humanity finally realizes that as a whole we will all be better off. But it will take some time and a little bit or hurting but we will get there as a species. And who knows what we will find along the way.
            In closing for today I want to thank all of you, my readers, for being so loyal and sticking with me through thick and thin. It means a lot to me. I will try to step up my game in the coming weeks and give you more entertainment, but it is going to be a bumpy road for me with this emotional roller coaster I am on. So please bear with me. I will be touching upon some serious issues and some lighthearted issues. So there will be a mix of both. Feel free as always to leave me comments and questions below. As for me I need more coffee already. *Tips his hat and walks out the door towards the brewer.*

No comments:

Post a Comment