Saturday, October 17, 2015

Saturday Thoughts: Feeing Energized



            Good morning my readers and happy Saturday. I hope everyone is having a good day today. I’m feeling energized for the first time in a long time and loving it. Today you will be following me around as I spend time with the family and ramble in general. So strap yourselves in and get ready for a wild ride.
The weather is pretty nice out today and we already have the tire replaced already. And as I write this I’m sitting in Princess Nails on Congress St in Portland ME waiting on my mom and sister to get their nails done. It’s a lively cheerful place and I find myself enjoying the place though wishing I hadn’t left my drink in the car. From here we are headed out to The Book Worm, which I have mentioned on a few occasions here.
I’m having a blast today and enjoying this ride of high-energy today. I just got home and am still full of energy even after having dinner. I did make it to The Book Worm though forgot to take a picture with the sign. We got lost along the way and ended up going into West Gorham and taking a trip down memory lane. I’m pleased with what the owners have done with my grandparents’ old house. It looks great. I even saw my former step mother’s house and it has been done up great as well. I managed to open a new app on my phone in the process using the map program to track our progress to The Book Worm as we were going down memory lane. Mom managed to get us off track and with me using the new app I managed to get us back on track.
I scanned every old shelf of The Book Worm chatting with the owner as I did so. Finding a few things at great prices as I did. I learned that the store had only been around for 26 years, which surprised me. I thought it was older than that. It looked as if it had stood for a while when I saw it as a kid, but apparently back then it was still brand new. I told the owner about what I was going to college for and told her I hoped my books would be among her shelves someday. It was a very pleasant conversation. I look forward to my next visit. Plus, after buying 20 new books I get a free new book and if I buy 20 used books I get to choose a free used book. Which is a pretty good deal. And it is nice that there are still small independent bookstores doing well around here.
I just have plain had fun today. And am having a blast this month. And the month is only half over. Tomorrow I am going to Fort Williams to take pictures including a new profile pic for my social media profiles. This time I am looking for something more professional looking that an employer might take seriously. I’m slowly finding a new rhythm for these fun days and for days in general. I will find a balance eventually. But I will make sure not to lose sight of the goal of my college degree. I’ll probably be studying late into the night tomorrow night to get caught up fully on book work. But it is worth it for all the fun I have been having. And is about normal for a week 4 for me in classes., which is the halfway point for class for those keeping track. Yes, I take 8 week classes.
And I am coming up quickly on the time when I will be taking two classes at a time. Part of me dreads and is nervous about it. And part of me is looking forward to it as well as being excited for the challenge. Either way it is something I know I need to do. And as I look at the clock as I am writing this I am noticing that it is getting close to time for me to take meds. So as always feel free to leave questions and comments below. As for me I am going to go get a drink to help the pills go down. *Tips his hat and walks out the door heading for the kitchen.*

No comments:

Post a Comment