Friday, November 27, 2015

Rambling Friday: Thanksgiving



             I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving yesterday. I know mine was great since I got to spend it with my dad and Pam. I even got to meet some of her family, which was nice. Turns out her granddaughter, Amber, is going into creative writing as well. So I look forward to more talks with her n the subject of writing. As well as reading since the two go hand in hand for every good writer. It was a nice relaxing day and me and my dad chit chatted here and there. Pam was a bit stressed and I understand wanting to make a good first impression as a host. She did a wonderful job and is a fantastic cook.
            I also enjoyed being away from the city noise for a day. Don’t get me wrong I like the city and the ease with which I can get around to everyplace I need or want to. But sometimes it is nice to get away from the noise of it all. Even there can be a bit noisy I am sure. Probably why dad likes his camping trips. That and communing with nature. I do miss those trips to Camp Pymaquid. Granted as a teenager I spend all my time in the arcade or on the deck of the arcade, but it was nice up there. And the hayrides were cool too. As well as the activities they had. I still like arcades, but I think I am more balanced now about how I would enjoy it up there. Made a lot of friends up there as well and wonder if they are still there.
            It was even nice when we got into politics and it didn’t turn into a shouting match. We didn’t completely agree but we did agree for the most part. But we were respectful in our disagreement and I liked that. It was loud and boisterous yes, but that is not a bad thing. We were all having a good time with it. It was a first for me in the family. And my opinion was being respected, which was great as well. It was a blast.
            It was a shame it couldn’t have lasted longer, but I know my dad needs his down time. And I respect that. He is not a night owl like me, but he can’t afford to be with the work he does. Being a truck driver his work starts as soon as the sun is coming up and in some cases before the sun comes up. There are times during the winter that he has to work overnights because of snow removal. He works hard and for the most part I think he enjoys the type of work he is doing. Which is part of the reason he’s such a workaholic. The other part being he likes to keep busy and be doing something. His mind can’t stand being idle. Same as mine.
            Hence me always working on a project of some sort. And I discovered we have a show in common that we like, so I think I will start watching it more on Netflix. It is called Blue Bloods. It’s a good cop show and shows some of the politics behind the scenes of being a cop. And there is good acting on the show. As well as good writing. So I’m not watching it just for him. I’m watching it because I genuinely like it as well. I have to remember to ask him if he wants to watch the new Star Trek show with me. Just looking for things to share with my dad. I know books won’t be one of them, since for whatever reason my dad doesn’t enjoy reading. I figure when he is ready he will tell me why.
            Well I think I have rambled on enough for one day. As always feel free to leave questions and comments below. And if you want my posts in your inbox enter the email in the box below where it says follow by email. As for me I am going to finish my second cup of coffee while doing some reading before jumping into some more writing. Again I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. *Tips his hat and walks out the door heading for the library. *  

No comments:

Post a Comment