Monday, November 9, 2015

Monday Beginnings: Starting Out The Month On A Positive Foot



            I know I wasn’t around yesterday; I was busy with school. And it paid off I am now on vacation for three weeks instead of two. It feels great to start off November on such a positive note. Though it is not all positive. I have to go see a doctor about what to do about the stress fracture in my right foot today. But I know it will turn out alright in the end. I just have to learn I am not as durable as I was when I was younger and stop beating up on myself quite so much.
            Well time got away from me as I was writing this earlier and ended up having to go to see the doctor about my foot before I finished this. He’s letting it heal on its own, so no cast for me. But the doctor did say to limit my walking, but that won’t keep me from getting out and about. Just means I have to get around more by bus and get off as close to where I am going as possible. Minor setback but it will help me build up a little stamina for longer walks when my foot is fully healed. So not a total loss. If nothing is going on tomorrow and I can get up early enough might go, see a movie. But not setting anything in concrete, especially with a seven-day deadline looming.
            You are probably wondering what the deadline is about. Well I’m working on a story to enter into a couple of writing contests. One for Writer’s Digest, and one for The Penmen Review. One has a cash prize and the other a scholarship prize. Both beneficial to me, and both come with publication as well. Once I’m past that deadline I’m free to work on as many short stories as I can get done while I’m on vacation. I will probably use one for another anthology I will be in and save the rest for a book of short stories I want to put out. So yes I relaxed today, but even if I don’t go to the movies tomorrow I have to get my butt into gear. I plan to have some fun tonight and hangout a bit. Maybe even stay up a bit late. But I want to be up as early as I can be tomorrow and off like a rocket as much as I can be first thing in the morning.
            Since about mid-October I have been doing fairly well at keeping myself fairly clean shaven and I find I am enjoying it. Sure I get whiskers every so often but most days you see me I am clean shaven. And I truly am enjoying it. Might mean a household expense going up, but such is life. And I’m doing a bit of thinking and reflecting after listing to Adele’s “Rolling In The Deep”. Just reflecting on some of the things I have done wrong in my teen years. People I really cared about that I hurt and owe an apology too. And there are more I owe an apology too but I am getting there.
            And yeah I know people will say but you were a ball of raging hormones. That doesn’t excuse me hurting people. I was raised better than that. There is no boys will be boys about it. Yes, I was hormone charged but I should have voiced what was bothering me better. Instead I got frustrated and instead of communicating I just turned and walked away. I’m trying to do better with that and sometimes it works and other times it doesn’t. I’ve gained patience as I’ve gotten older. But sometimes I still feel like that teenage boy I once was just less angry. It drives me insane at times. I’m working on feeling differently but it is taking time.
            Well I’ve rambled enough for one post. Plus, I did say today would start with double posts on Mondays and it is getting late and I still have a review to do. So as always feel free to leave comments and questions below. And if you want the posts to go directly to your email enter your email address right where it says subscribe. As for me I am off to get a drink before doing the review. *Tips his hat and walks out the door towards the kitchen. *

No comments:

Post a Comment