Friday, March 10, 2017

Just A Ramble About Animals



            It’s been a good day overall, though interesting. I was thinking how I tend to be both a dog and cat person though slightly more a cat person. Mainly since I grew up more around cats. Plus, I find them more calming. I enjoy dogs don’t get me wrong, but cats are more calming for me. Dogs tend to get me more excited and energized. Plus, I just enjoy laying down and petting a cat most times. Though petting my sister’s dog is nice as well. Though a bit bulky. And, cats don’t sound the alarm at every little sound, but it is nice to know when the front door is being opened and closed.
            In general, though I love all animals. I remember growing up and watching all sorts of animal documentaries and not missing a beat. Sometimes even taking notes. Though those notes are long gone unfortunately. And, it is not just living animals either. I have been fascinated with dinosaurs and Wooly Mammoths as well. Even a Sabretooth Tiger or two. Hence me enjoying the Ice Age movies so much. Besides them being funny I mean.  
            I even had a fascination with Sharks before it was cool to be into that sort of thing. Though while most are fascinated with the Great White Shark I am still fascinated more with the Whale Shark. Although archaeology has me interested in a long extinct shark that Discovery Channel loves to drum up could still be out there for their Shark Week. Thrasher Sharks are also kind of interesting as well too. I miss my book that had illustrated pictures of them all. It included plants but I will save that for another post, and it was only of North America.
            It had some interesting invertebrates as well. Like most males my favorites were the bugs. I was fascinated with Scorpions for a long time. I put them in stories for a long time and think I might again eventually. This ramble is bringing back memories and inspiring me in a few different directions. I also liked turtles a lot. My favorite was the Alligator Turtle. A fearsome looking turtle that looked like it could hold its own against anything. Though I have also always been fascinated by Tortoises. I remember seeing one in a pet shop once and wanted it as a pet. I know better now of course and feel bad for it.
            It’s nice in the springtime when I can open my windows and hear the song birds in the bush outside my bedroom window. They are usually fighting over perches in the bush, but they sound lovely doing it. Not sure exactly what kind of birds they are, but they sound better than the Seagulls. My mom’s dog is no fan of Crows unlike me. Though I prefer Ravens over Crows just my personal preference. And, I have always been fascinated with animals that roll up in a ball for defense. Just boggles my mind how they do that and the variations on it.
            But, I have rambled on enough for one day. Just trying out a shorter post format to see how people like it. Feel free to leave questions and comments below. As for me I think I will do some reading and window shopping. *Tips his hat and walks out the door*.

No comments:

Post a Comment