Monday, February 15, 2016

Monday Beginnings: Just Some Random Thoughts



            It has been a bit of a crazy start to the week with me actually being up earlier than I expected to be and having breakfast for the first time in a while. To the weird wintery weather we are having from high temperatures at the outset of winter to now the subarctic temperatures of this week. Neither of which is really normal for us in winter around here. Unfortunately because of me taking a nap I missed a chance to see my grandparents today unfortunately. And we have more snow coming soon so probably won’t get to see them anytime soon.
            Ah well it can’t snow all the time right? My poor friend Lynette Lee is experiencing her first New England Winter the only problem is she lives in the South. Climate Change has screwed up the weather so bad even Jack Frost is getting lost with where he is supposed to be blowing properly. Nevermind the fact that Miami is slowly sinking as it becomes the Venice of sorts of the United States. Meanwhile Venice is losing water in some of its canals so that some of its boats can’t go down them.
            I had a blast studying with Lynette Lee earlier today. We tackled a good chunk of the chapter for this week’s LIT-201 and had fun doing it. We kept alternating who was reading and then discussing the questions when we got to them. It was great. I am feeling more alive for school than I have in a while. I’m off to a great start this term and feel like it will be a good term overall. I see the A dangling in front of me and I am off and running for it.
            I’m even making new contacts left and right on social media, which is great for me. I will be doing some more postings as soon as I get into the rhythm of the term. I’m finding one of my niches is as a column writer at the moment. And I am embracing it. So you might expect on some days to see more content floating around on here. We’ll see how it goes. Today you will see a double posting for sure as I review Chasing Clarity by Sylvia Stein.
            Been enjoying it a lot as I have been reading it and that is the most for a spoiler you are getting for my review. But I am curious as to what everyone who reads my columns is reading this season? I know I have some regular reads in my hands as well as a couple from book clubs. I try to keep a full and varied reading life going even when doing school work. It keeps me from going insane sometimes and at other times it drives me insane. Especially as I reach the end of a really good book.
            And I am always open to discussing books. Trust me sometimes it can drive some of my friends a bit nuts. Luckily I have a good number of friends and many in my family who don’t mind putting up with my book talk so it helps keep a balance. Plus, I am finding chat boards to keep me going as well. Just a matter of me keeping up with them. I think as I am coming out of my winter hibernation of sorts it is giving me more energy, but that remains to be seen.
            I’d keep rambling on but I do have dishes to do so I can make dinner. So feel free to leave questions and comments below. And if you want my posts to appear in your inbox enter your email address in the box below where it says follow by email. As for me I am off to scrub dishes. *Tips his hat and walks out the door towards the kitchen. *


1 comment: