Monday, December 21, 2015

Sunday Coffee: Time Does Fly



            It is surprisingly approaching that time of the year already. When you look back over the year and reflect on it. But I swear it snuck up on me this year. Seems like just yesterday we were ringing in 2015. The year just flew by so quickly on me. But that is not to say it hasn’t been a good year. I’ve made progress on all fronts, though some later in the year than others. But I plan to continue progress into the new year and work on some new things at the same time. I’m also getting my name out there in the literary world slowly but surely. I’m closer to my family than I was last year at this time. Though issues are coming up within the family that remain to be resolved still.
            Sure I got some signed books and more collectibles this year, but the more important thing in this year that I got was more good memories. I got to talk to up and coming authors as well as learn from them. To get their input on my writing and call them my friends. And I mean true friends not that corny fake stuff you see in the business world. I got to share my life’s memories and musings with all of you, which I consider a privilege. And I appreciate you all taking the time out of your busy days to come have a cup of coffee with me and read this.
            It means a lot to me. As I was pondering what else to put into this I was also scrolling Facebook as I do normally. Usually because I am talking to someone at the same time I am writing this. And I was just reading about the old city hall subway station in New York, NY. And it made me think of all the artwork we just pave over and demolish through the years. And don’t get me wrong I know progress has to come first, but to a point. We do have to preserve some things. But maybe we have gotten so caught up in progress that we have forgotten the aesthetic part about building things. Like subways and bus stops for example. Instead we just throw up a bench with a box around it instead of making it look more pleasing to the eye. Unless someone comes along and wants to make it better looking for us.
            Why are we not doing that in the first place? Why are we just doing the bare minimum when building stuff for people to use? I would think we would want to make them step back for a second and take a look around them. Even if just in a small space. Everything is becoming so bland and uninspired in buildings as well as public transportation. We need to take a step back and say no we will not let this happen. We need to take a step back and say some things were better the old way but with a twist. Progress can be made while being aesthetically pleasing. Make some partnerships with local colleges and trade schools and get them working together on projects that benefit the public. Give them a small commission to help with schooling and fund the project and everyone wins. They get experience and a grade and some help with finances.
            I’ll get off my soap box for now and try not to get on it tomorrow, but you never know. And it is getting late. I had some sleep issues today. So as always feel free to leave questions and comments below. And if you want my posts to show up in your inbox enter your email address in the box below where it says follow by email. As for me I’ve got the munchies. *Tips his hat and walks out the door heading for the kitchen. *

No comments:

Post a Comment