Saturday, December 19, 2015

Saturday Thoughts: There Will Be No Star Wars Spoilers Here



            You read correctly there will be no Star Wars spoilers here. Mainly for one because I haven’t seen the film yet, and because two I don’t believe in ruining things for others. So you can relax now as you read this and not have to worry about any spoilers. And I won’t be doing as much ranting like I did yesterday. I’ll still be getting up on my soap box though be forewarned. And I have added overhauling my LinkedIn Profile as one of my to do things over the holidays. Especially after what I saw on someone else’s. Though I have to explain the issue someone has helped me with already to them since I got them all confused.
            I just don’t always explain things the best in type. I do better vocally explaining some things and with others writing is the better way for me to go. I know I’m weird but that is just part of my charm. But I am finding the Christmas Spirit invading me as we get closer to the day. And it has me wondering why we are only this generous to our fellow human beings one time of the year. Why is it that only once a year we treat all of our fellow human beings like human beings? Shouldn’t we be treating them like human beings all year round?
            And I know there are those in the margins that take advantage of kindness. But why should that make the rest of the human race suffer. Why should we hate the rest of our fellow human beings? Why is it this one time of the year that we allow there to be peace of Earth? What is so wrong with the other 364, 365 on leap year, having peace as well? Are we that ignorant? Are we that greedy? The funny thing is I find that the people with the least to give are the most generous mostly. Yet as you move up the economic and social scale it becomes more of mine, mine and give me. And less about sharing and helping others. Now this is not true of everyone. This is a broad stroke with a brush.
            But yet around Christmas time everyone becomes about giving. What I am asking for is to see more helping out around the year. More giving around the year. More mentoring around the year. It doesn’t have to be huge checks to charity just pocket change if that is all you can spare. It does add up. And there are tons of young women and men that need mentors and people to help them transition into adult hood. We all had that at one point in our lives. Shouldn’t we be willing to give back. And I know some of my readers have kids and all I am asking is to take a little extra time and set that extra good example. I had several people take time out of their busy days to mentor me.
            And I am very thankful for that. So when I can I help out as the uncle. And I enjoy my role. Whether it is providing books or reading a story. Or playing a game with them. Or whatever cool thing they need. The old saying goes it takes a village to raise a kid. Let’s start helping all the kids in the village succeed. Even if it is just to fulltime work to make a living. At least they will be thriving and doing well as well as being out of trouble. Isn’t that what we want for this next generation. And you would want someone to step up and help your kids if you weren’t here wouldn’t you.
            See I made good on my two promises in this post. One there were no Star Wars Spoilers, and two I wasn’t as harsh as yesterday. Now I will get off my soap box. And I will forewarn you that there may be more of this mushy side of me tomorrow I’m not sure yet. But for now feel free to leave your comments and questions below. And if you want my posts to come to your inbox feel free to enter your email address in the box below where it says follow by email. As for me it’s is back to researching for me. *Tips his hat and walks out the door heading for the library. *

No comments:

Post a Comment