Sunday, December 6, 2015

Sunday Chit Chat: Been A Rough Week Getting Back Into The Groove Of Things



            I’m just laying here sipping my coffee and thinking about the past week. Just from my personal perspective. If I get into the bigger picture, I will start ranting and I don’t want to do that on a Sunday. And for me personally it’s been a rough week. I’ve tried to get back into my groove no problem, but it just isn’t clicking yet. Not to mention a close friend of mine’s mother fell down the stairs and got hurt badly. So I have been worried about them and praying for them. And the sleepy days are hitting again, but hopefully they are gone next week.
            Seems like this always happens to me at the start of a new term. I end an old term firing on all cylinders and then enter a new term stumbling yet again. I can’t seem to figure out why that is. The good news is I am starting to connect classes together. And that helps make it easier for me as well. Though I’m still not where I want to be. I’ve gotten better, but just not to where I want to be. I guess it is going to take some more work to get there. Maybe it is me holding myself back. Maybe when I want to go all out I should just do it. Might get more work done that way.  
            I mean I know I have energy fluctuations. Essentially highs and lows. So why not get as far ahead as I can when the high is in effect. That way when the low hits I can coast a bit. Then when the high hits I can go full speed again. Just right now I could use a bit of high energy to get me off the ground and ahead of the game. That also means there will be days I can’t be out in the living room, since when I am out there I am more wrapped up in the television then doing any sort of work. But to get ahead you have to sacrifice some luxuries at least some of the time to get things done. I’m slowly learning that. And it is getting easier.
            Still a matter of finding balance between the two worlds, but I will find the right balance in time. I’m becoming a workaholic like my dad, but it is because I enjoy what I am doing so much. It starts to give me insight into why he is such a workaholic. And he is starting to find that balance slowly. Just taking him a bit of time. Hopefully we both will find the balance at the same time. Would mean we get to spend more time together and not be trying to juggle each other’s work schedules around. But the good thing is I am starting to understand my dad better.
            As I think about tomorrow I am encouraged. I’m having a coffee meeting with my case manager. Then home since nothing else planned for the day. So you should hear from me relatively early in the day tomorrow. I might be able to squeeze in a double post, but not guaranteeing anything. I do have some chores to do around the house after all. And I am not about to fall behind in my studies either. But we will see. As I said above thinking about tomorrow I am encouraged. It will probably be early afternoon before the blog is up because of when the meeting is. Just that way I can digest the meeting and have something to say for sure in the blog.
            As if that would be a problem when I always get so long winded. I had better wrap this up before I go on into oblivion. Feel free to leave questions and comments below. And if you want my posts to appear in your inbox enter your email address below where it says follow by email. As for me I am going to grab a snack before I get to work on my next project for the day. *Tips his hat and walks out the door heading for the kitchen. *

No comments:

Post a Comment