Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Tuesday Coffee: The Week Is Off To A Pretty Good Start



            The week is starting off pretty good. And, though I am still having sleeping issues I am learning to compensate for them. I just work later into the night and when I finally start getting up earlier I will just readjust my schedule then. I am learning slowly that my schedule has to be flexible enough that when my sleep schedule goes one way it can adjust and when it goes another way it can adjust that way as well. I’ve figured out that sleep is not something I can control yet, so I have to control what I can in my schedule to fit around it.
            Eventually my sleep will settle down and I will have a more predictable schedule. It is already more settled than it was in my twenties that is for sure. My friend Sylvia Stein mentioned that maybe by 40 it would balance out when we talked earlier. Speaking of Sylvia Stein her new book The Diary of a Broken Father comes out July 18 of this year. I am looking forward to it hungrily and encourage you to pick it up when it drops. It is the companion book to Closure.
            Keep your eyes out for it. And if you haven’t read Closure yet pick up a copy today. I also have an anthology coming out in June and will have more details as they are given to me. So there are a couple of good reads for the summer and who knows what else will be coming out before the summer’s end that I will be telling you about. Oh and Kory Shrum has the latest installment in the Jesse Sullivan Series out this month. So much good reading material out lately it is hard to grab it all up.
            It is also award season this month with the finals of the Nebulas and Hugoes are being decided as well as the Stokers. It’s always exciting to find out who wins those major awards every year. Maybe someday I will be up for one or more of them. Of course we won’t know the winners till the July conventions, but it is still exciting the voting process and all. The awards I am most interested in winning right away in my career are the ones judged by the fans. Eventually I will care more about my peers’ approval as well. But at this point it is more about the fans approval that matters to me.
            I know I have been getting columns out late, but I am trying to get them out as fast as I can. And, I appreciate everyone’s patience with me. You are all such saints and I am so thankful for it. I may write these columns for this blog but you the readers with your referrals and visits to the blog are what make it a success. And, I check the comments first thing every day to see what you, my readers are saying. Because, it is important to me what you think and have to say.
            But, I have rambled on long enough for one day. Feel free to leave your questions and comments below. And, if you want my columns to appear in your inbox enter your email address in the box below where it says follow by email. As for me I am off to do more schoolwork and some reading. *Tips his hat and walks out the door. *

1 comment: