Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Monday Beginnings: Not A Great Start To The Week



             I started off the morning feeling full of energy, but around ten felt like I needed a nap. And, ended up oversleeping today. But, I am not giving up, I refuse to give up. This is too important to me to give up. I can’t go tomorrow since I have a friend coming over, but if that falls through I will be going down there for sure. But, I will be starting on my column for the newsletter as if I already have it granted to me.
            I was studying tonight when my thoughts were interrupted by the words that started to write it. And, the rest just fell into place in my mind. I still haven’t figured out how that works in my mind, but I know to go with it. I guess other than oversleeping the week isn’t off to all that bad of a start. Just ideas swirling in my head that I want to do and trying to balance it all with what I need to do. Sometimes it can be a difficult process, but I have gotten better over the years.
            I’m still working on getting caught up on my reading and making progress slowly. But, first always has to be school. I know when I go on break from school I am going on a massive reading and writing splurge on my own personal stuff. And, I might catch a couple of movies as well. Especially since I have a couple of possible movie buddies now. I just prefer going to movies with at least one other person. It’s more fun for me that way.
            I mean I know they give the all quiet symbol at the beginning of the movie, but anyone who is there with someone is quietly talking to that person during the good parts. And you can’t tweet during a movie that totally ruins the atmosphere. Even if I am there with a movie buddy it is still nice to talk to others in the theater after the movie and see what they thought. I suppose I am just bad at talking to strangers in certain places such as the movies and on the bus.
            I just find people easier to talk to in those circumstances when there is a common threat or something I can relate to is mentioned. Now and then on the bus I find someone who reads what I do and we discuss it but that is very rare. Usually it is about the city or the state and the changes it has gone through. Or, something about the bus line even. Stuff like that, you’d be surprised the political debates that go on on a bus.
            And, I am not talking like most of the ones online. These are more civilized than that by far. And, I usually pick up a few things I didn’t know before. It’s always interesting riding the bus. Or even taking a cab for that matter since some of the cab drivers prove to be pretty interesting to talk to as well. I guess for the most part I am a people person though it is just now I am letting myself be vulnerable truly for the first time. As in the last couple of years.
            And, I won’t lie at first it was scary without a barrier between me and other people. But, over time it has gotten easier. Like it should have been all along. And, it feels good to be free. It’s like I had locked myself into a prison and I am just now letting myself out after being in for a long sentence for no reason what so ever. Best analogy I can come up with. And, no matter what I am not locking myself up again.
            But, I have rambled on enough for one day. And, hopefully you enjoyed your time here in my corner of the web. But, feel free to leave questions and comments down below. And, if you want my columns to appear in your inbox enter your email address in the box below where it says to follow by email. As for me I have schoolwork to do always as well as some reading. *Tips his hat and walks out the door. *

No comments:

Post a Comment