Saturday, April 16, 2016

Rambling Friday: Another Term Has Begun



            Yes, another term has started for me. And, so far I am enjoying it. There is a journalistic connection in both classes and I am enjoying the reading so far. As well as learning about past famous writers who are still famous today. I’m also working the recliner into my schedule slowly. But getting there with it. So far it has been two days in it and two days out and tomorrow will be back in it. Even as my back is like no please no. I’m like too bad you have to get used to it.
            I got my stories for the next anthology I will be in shipped off Saturday and as I get more details I will share them with you. My friend, Sylvia Stein, is coming out with a sequel to her novella, Closure, called The Diary of a Broken Father. I recommend you pick it up I have no doubt it will be amazing as have all her books that I have reviewed. And like all her past books I will be reviewing this one too. But I don’t think you will ever find a bad book by Sylvia Stein.
            This week in my Lit class we are studying Walt Whitman. I hadn’t read his poetry before this class, but I am finding that I like it a lot. It speaks to the part of me that is Native American. How people should respect the land and each other. As well as calling for everyone to respect themselves as individuals. He seems to look at the land as a living breathing thing, which I thought was a more modern thing than when he wrote. It is refreshing to see that even back then some thought like this.
            And my Feature Writing Professor even has me thinking of narrowing my story though not sure if I can fit it into the publication I want to though as I am writing this I am contemplating an angle that would make it fit into it still. I’m feeling eager to write this article as the time to write it gets closer. I would like to get it published in National Geographic Magazine if possible. I’ve also got another question for my Professor if it doesn’t get cleared up with my responses to other people’s posts later tonight.
            I think with Spring finally being here I am feeling refreshed once more. Winter just drains me for some reason. But the more Spring comes in the more energized I am feeling it seems, which is refreshing for me after the long winter where I felt so groggy all the time. I look forward to what I can do with this new energy. Still a free cramps and kinks to get out. Going to try and make some plans for next week and see what I can do to get out and about.
            Of course with this new energy comes insomnia, but I am used to that and can deal with it. First I am going to put the energy into school work and then into writing. Then I will put it into getting out and about as well as going from there. I hope I am right about it being Spring that has brought about this new energy. I’m going to also be working on some new goals with my case manager as well. I’ve been doing good with the recliner so far and I aim to keep that up but I want to progress forward as well.
            I still have some school work to do for the day, so feel free to leave questions and comments below. And if you want my columns to appear in your inbox enter you email address in the box below where it says follow by email. I’m off to do more school work and who knows what else for the rest of the night. *Tips his hat and walks out the door. *

1 comment: