Monday, March 7, 2016

Monday Beginnings: Hoping For A Less Chaotic Week



            I know I wasn’t around last week, and it was a heck of a crazy week. Between running errands and school work. Not to mention an apartment fire in my building right next door to me. Don’t worry everyone is ok. It was just like a whirlwind of a week. And I am hoping for a smoother week this week so I can get caught up on deadlines that have been graciously extended for me in the publishing world. And finally feeling back to my normal self or what I consider my normal self.
            Last week I was just a wreck it felt like when it came time to sit in front of the computer and type, but I kept forcing myself to do it for school work. And I got through it mostly. Today I am feeling more inspired and more energetic than all of last week combined. Last week I had to push myself and that isn’t easy at times. But I showed I can do it even if it is not easy and that is a step forward for me. I still have steps to go in other aspects of my life other than school, but it is a start.
            I’m aiming to get back on track this week providing it stays going smoothly. Even as I have a couple of coffee dates. One with my case manager and the other with a friend. What can I say I like going out for coffee. And I just got some good news, the zero I thought I had is not a zero yet. I still have a couple of days to make up the assignment and I plan to do just that. Like I said before I am going to work my butt off this week.
            And I feel like I have the energy to do it no problem. At least at the moment, but even if I have to push myself later in the week I will. I am determined to prove this term that I can handle two classes at the same time. I’ve had a lot of help from my study buddy Lynette Lee and I have tried to give her just as much help. Mainly by working with whatever schedule she needs me to work with as best as I can. She makes it look easy though.
            But I am starting to catch on with her study habit and it is getting easier for me as well. I just have to work on running on less sleep than I do now, but I am getting there slowly. Either that or sacrificing some of my free time to school work, which I have been doing lately. And I don’t mind, especially when I am enjoying both classes. They are both so invigorating this term. I know I get behind from time to time.
            But I always work hard to get caught up. I think tonight is going to be a late night so I made coffee. And might sneak in a nap not sure though. Depends on when I get done. I’m trying out an experiment tonight and hoping it goes well. I don’t have a good size frying pan for cooking stir fry vegetables in so going to try roasting them with the pork chops. I have a few other cooking ideas I want to experiment with once I get the chance to do so in the kitchen.
            Waiting on the oven to preheat now and it shouldn’t be long. So feel free to leave your comments and questions below. And if you want my column to appear in your inbox enter your email address in the box below where it says follow by email. As for me I am off to start dinner. *Tips his hat and walks out the door heading for the kitchen. *

No comments:

Post a Comment