Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Wednesday Coffee: An Open Letter To Angry And Disenfranchised Muslims



            I know many of you are like what is this all about. And to that I say people have to start talking to Muslims who are angry and disenfranchised and might join ISIS. Or are just angry and disenfranchised in general. Someone has to open a line of communication in general. And yes I know the risk I am taking. But I grew up with Muslims and the people I grew up with are not these people I see on the news. Granted some people who are Muslim can have a temper like anyone else.
            But if there has been an injustice to a Muslim or anyone I am willing to hear them out and probably will share their story here. I am not for Sharia Law I will say that up front. But if people are angry and disenfranchised I encourage them to write blogs and protest peacefully. It does work in America. You don’t have to be violent to get your point across no matter what some will try to fill your head with. But you also have to be willing to accept that not everyone is going to agree with your ideas.
            This country was built on compromise and blending of cultures. It is not meant to be all about one culture dominating another despite what some may think. And to correct one candidate’s idea (not naming names), but isolating and patrolling Muslim neighborhoods is not the answer. The answer is as I see it bringing the Muslim population more into things so they are feeling more welcome and more a part of the country.
            Then they are willing to participate and help more. Isolating them just makes them feel like we don’t value them at all and will make more angry people and more potential terrorists. Does that mean every mad Muslim will become a terrorist of course not? Just that there is a possibility there. Just like if I get behind the wheel there is a good chance I will do something stupid so I don’t get behind the wheel.
            We need to talk to Muslims more and you reading this need to talk to us more as well. We are not mind readers despite what some people think. And despite what you are told we are pretty reasonable. Well most of us there are some that aren’t but you get that in every bunch. There are always some people that don’ get what you do or say they are always going to dislike you. Ignore them we try to except when they really screw up and cross the line. Then we have to punish them like the bad boys and girls they can be.
            I am sure I have done my share of wrong things in the past and for that I am sorry. Though I am not planning to convert anytime soon, but I do find your religion to be a peaceful one despite how some would warp it in their own grab for power. They would use you as mere pawns and cannon fodder in their plans, but you are a human being and more valuable than that to the world. I do have a serious question for you though. What is more important a world ruled in Sharia Law or a world at peace with understanding with each other?
            I’m climbing down off my soap box for now. Feel free to leave comments and questions below. And if you want my column to appear in your inbox enter your email address in the box below where it says to follow by email. As for me I am off to study something I encourage everyone to do in or out of school. *Tips his hat and walks out the door. *

No comments:

Post a Comment