Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Wednesday Coffee: Back To Square One Sort Of



            So I am back to day 1 of no tobacco after having a couple of mini cigars yesterday morning. They sure didn’t taste like they used to. They tasted awful, but still I smoked them out of habit. Though I am not ashamed since it was a learning experience. I just start over and try harder next time. I will get this right eventually. This was a stumble and I am sure there might be a few more stumbles along the way. But in the end I will prevail.
            I know I have to shake off this sleep bug by next week since I will be participating in a writing workshop that takes place in the morning. Nothing formal just me and a couple of friends getting together in the morning to work on improving our writing. We’re taking advantage of the time off we have from school to work on our craft. And that is only one of the few things I have going on during the break between terms.
            And you will be cued into a lot of it as well. After all, one of the parts of this break is the big announcement. And I am very excited about it. I’m waiting till break to get as many people on board as possible. Just a little tease there about it. But also a serious note as to why I am timing this when I am. I know timing is everything, so I am trying to time this just right. So bear with me I trust you will be as excited about this as I am.
            One thing I can give a spotlight on is that I will be putting out three short stories this summer in an anthology. As the time gets closer to the release date I will be giving more details. As well as links to do it on my author page. I had great success with the last anthology, but I’m planning to make this next anthology an even bigger success. And I will have links up soon to the last anthology for those who missed getting a copy.
            Sometimes I forget to do the simple things in life, like jamming out as I’m writing. Tonight I was reminded of that as I was flipping through songs on one of my Amazon Stations, and a song popped on that just had me grooving to the beat. Even laying down writing you can pull off some pretty cool moves. And it is good healthy exercise. Of course the bed probably disagrees with me on that. Being all what is with all this shaking.
            Typing is like a piano of words. As the melody washes over you with some songs, a melody plays of the keyboard of the computer as you type the words onto the screen. I’ve found it works best with jazz. Then you are both dancing and your fingers are hoping across the keyboard to the music. Especially if you have upbeat jazz playing in my experience. Only really good for blogging and school papers when you know what you have to say.
            For short stories it generally helps to have scene setting music playing in the background. If you have some in mind. But as I can see on the clock we are just about out of time and it seems we are all out of coffee as well. As always feel free to leave questions and comments below. And if you want my posts to appear in your inbox enter your email address in the box below where it says follow by email. As for me I am off to do more writing. *Tips his hat and walks out the door heading for the study. *

1 comment: