Monday, January 25, 2016

Monday Beginnings: The Quitting Is Going Better



            I’m going on day 3 of no tobacco today and doing better with it. I know early on in the quitting I was extremely whiney and I do apologize for that. Just after 16 years of smoking it is a bit hard to just let go. And I am sure it is harder for those that have been smoking for longer. I may take a few slips off the wagon still as I go along but overall I am doing well. There is a little over one week of term left and then the big announcement drops. And I am looking forward to it as well.
            But we are still in this term, and there is still plenty of work to be done. I have to thank my editor Lynette Lee for being so kind enough to look over my final paper for the term and patient enough with me as I worked to incorporate her edits. She is the best editor of all for me. Thanks to her work on my final paper I came away with a 160 out of 200, which is a lot better than what I was headed for. And I can’t thank her enough for all of her help.
            It looks like with enough hard work for the last week of the term I can pull off a decent C for this class. Not what I had hoped for coming into this class, but I also came into this class a bit cocky. So I needed a good ego check as well. And it gave me just that. I’ll be going into next term with a bit of a different outlook than I came into this term with. Mainly that any class at any given time can whoop your butt.
            One of the ways this class did that to me is the discussion board where the question would ask for your opinion, but the professor still wants you to cite from the book when giving your opinion. It is a royal pain in the butt, and one I have not mastered doing yet. Though where I can I have cited from the book as much as I can. But definitely not in my final paper, since I can’t figure out how to use the cite reference part of word and Mine Edge together.
            Tonight though I will get my discussion board finished in record time, and then do some reading for my editor. Before settling down and reading some chapters in Chasing Clarity by Sylvia Stein. And if you haven’t gotten you copy yet I don’t know what has been holding you up. I mean I know I have been slow to get my full review up, but I have been reading it slowly while working on school work. But come on folks you all know she is a great writer that alone should be enough to pick up this book.
            And stay tuned I will be getting some reviews up soon. Just taking me longer than normal to read lately is all. Especially with all the projects I have going at once, so bear with me please. Plus, I’m still adjusting to life without smoking, which still seems a bit weird to me. But I am getting my butt in gear rest assured. And rest assured this will not set back me becoming more social either. I might have to snip an hour here or there, but overall things will progress forward as planned.
            As much as I would like to stay and keep writing all night. I do have to get some schoolwork done. So as always feel free to leave questions and comments below. And if you want my posts to show up in your inbox everyday enter your email address in the box below where it says follow by email. Now I’m off to complete my discussion board early. *Tips his hat and walks out the door heading for the study. *

1 comment:

  1. Great post and thank you for the kind words. It takes so much to own up and you did wonderful. Keep it up buddy!

    ReplyDelete