Saturday, January 30, 2016

Saturday Thoughts: Just Random Thoughts As I Work On Finding My Focus Again



            I’m still working on finding my focus again like I had it before I went on this journey to quit smoking. Some days are better than others, but in general I am lost and working on finding myself again. And trust me that is hard to admit at this stage in the game of life. But I know I will rediscover myself once more outside of smoking even as it was a big part of my life for 16 years. The key word there is was. It can’t be anymore not if I am going to life a nice long healthy life.
            And while yes, I am getting into exercising I still have to watch my diet. Something you don’t expect many 34 year olds to say. And it’s not forever just while I lose the weight I have accumulated over the years. Then I can be a little freer with my eating once more. Especially as I keep up with my exercise. But for like the past 5 years I have been eating the same thing and I have tried to change it up a little bit here and there. I just have to face it that I have to learn some new recipes and get some new tools in the house.
            As well as a few new ingredients. I have a couple things in mind to try soon. Just a matter of getting the money. A lot of the dishes I want to try are slow cooker dishes, which would be a big change from how we have been eating. And maybe a few make your own Italian nights. Just thinking off the top of my head right now. I just know right now I am in a food rut and I need to get out of it. Sure the cooking is simple but it gets boring after a while to the taste buds.
            Then I end up turning to eating out, which isn’t good for me on a regular basis or for anyone on a regular basis for that matter. So I’ve got to work within my means to make a change. I’m finding I’m a little pickier about meat and a little more drawn to seafood though that can be expensive. I still like my red meat don’t get me wrong but I am finding myself wanting a more diverse diet. And wanting more vegetables in it.
            I’m not turning into a vegetarian. I’ve just always enjoyed my veggies. As well as my fruits along with them. They do make a tasty snack after all. Only problem is they only stay fresh for so long and most people (including me) don’t want to make multiple trips to the store every month. At least once you have gotten into a routine of going grocery shopping once a month for so long. But eventually I will have to get into the habit of going grocery shopping every week.
            So might as well start shifting my diet in that direction a bit now. Though I am holding off till I eventually move on stocking a full pantry. Less to move that way. But some things need to be stocked up before then like spices, which is being worked on. Along with other things to help make the kitchen more user friendly. But like with all things it takes a little bit of time. But it will get done with a lot of work and a little bit of determination.
            Great now I am craving a salad. Never a good thing when you are broke. Ah well, money comes in soon and I will get my salad then. As always feel free to leave question and comments below. And if you want my posts to appear in your inbox enter your email in the box below where it says follow by email. As for me I am off to see what I can whip up for dinner. *Tips his hat and walks out the door heading towards the kitchen. *

No comments:

Post a Comment