Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Tuesday Insights: Big Self-Discoveries This Week



I know I’ve been away for a few days and for that I am sorry. But I was having twitches like I was going to have a seizure, so I had to step away while I was working on stopping them. I haven’t gotten rid of them completely, but enough so that I can return. I’m still keeping an eye on it. And so far so good for right now. Though I’m still worried about it, but I can’t let it freeze me in my tracks forever. I have to move forward at some point. Though I am taking as many precautions as I can. I refuse to let my health problems beat me no matter what. I started pushing forward yesterday by going out to lunch with my mom,, which went pretty good. I had a bunch of laughs with her. And got some updates about mutual friends. Then she took me to counseling early, which is no fun without my Kindle or computer. But I did make a few self –discoveries that I felt would fit with today’s column.
            The first thing that I have finally come to terms with is that I eat my feelings. For those not familiar with that term it means when I am upset or depressed I eat in to feel better basically. I kind of knew I did to some degree but it was just coming to terms with it that happened today. But I also realized that subconsciously I have been working on transferring from that to sharing it with all of you in the blog. Both the good and the bad stuff. And that helps. So I have to thank you for being so willing to listen or more exactly read what I have to say. So I was thinking a few steps I could take to help the process continue to work, and one of them is I am going to stop limiting myself to one post a day. There will now be some days when you get more than one post from me. Especially when there is something bugging me.
            The second thing I am going to do is all on me. I am going to make out a strict food schedule. Then I am going to stick to it. It will be hard at first but I have to do it if I am ever going to lose the weight I want to. But after that I have to get the will power to start exercising. I know it will make me feel better and be healthier. I want it and I know it is worth it. I’ve also set a new goal in my journey to quit smoking. I am starting Chantix in January of next year. I am aware of the side effects and should any of them show up I will stop taking it, especially the major ones. But like the food schedule and exercise I have to do this to improve my health. And yes it is worth it to me and I can do it, I know I can. And I will keep you all informed of my successes and failures along the way.
            In closing I will say this for those who have battles like mine or even their own that are different but still hard don’t give up. You can make it just keep fighting against it. Where there is a will there is a way. Now as for me I am going to go have one of my last smokes on the way to quitting and then go catch up on some reading. *Tips his hat and walks out the door towards the study.*

1 comment: