Thursday, August 20, 2015

Wednesday In The Library: Stephen King



            I know I’m a little late tonight, but I was relaxing most of the day. And it’s been a nice day overall, but getting my butt in gear now to do some work. Jamming to some music on Amazon while writing this as well. Starting to get ready to ramp up plans as the end of the month approaches. Hoping a few things work out like I want them to. Also getting ready to prepare for next term as this term is coming to an end. I’ve also managed to start catching up this term as well. Plus read today about the first two females graduating from Army Ranger School, and all I can say is it’s about time. Plus I am still plugging away at Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King who is the topic of today’s trip to the library.
            And how fitting that this is coming out during the midnight hours too. I admit that when I first picked up a Stephen King book, which was titled The Skeleton Key I wasn’t a fan. I wasn’t yet a teenager then, but now years later when I picked up Mr. Mercedes I am liking it a lot. It has me on the edge of my seat and enjoying every moment of it. And looking forward to the next book in the trilogy. Personally I think I just picked up a book of his before I was ready for it. It happens to all of us now and then. I also am looking forward to reading his book titled On Writing.
            For those already familiar with his work and fans trust me if you have not heard him speak at a function or on a video you are missing out. He is blunt but also humorous. He gives stories from all through his life. And uses sarcasm a lot. And if you are really lucky he will do a reading of some of his most recent work. Just enough to make you want more though. He is an amazing reader too. And he interacts with the audience instead of just standing there talking. In some ways it is like a standup act when you think about it.
            And I’ve seen many of his movies. And they are also all great. My personal favorite is Rose Red. Not sure which book it is based on, but it is still a heck of a movie. I hope to see Mr. Mercedes and its sequels made into movies as well. And for those who haven’t caught on yet, look closely and you will notice in almost all of his movies he makes a cameo.
            Well it is getting extremely late so I will stop rambling for now and I hope you have enjoyed your stay in the library this week. I hope you check out Stephen King if you haven’t already. Feel free to leave comments about what you think of Stephen King below or any stories you have about him. For now I need some coffee so I can get some more work done before passing out. *Tips his hat and walks out the door heading for the coffee brewer.*

1 comment: