Thursday, August 27, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Being A Bouncer



            I know I was away yesterday and I apologize it was a case of writer’s block. But today I am feeling more inspired and confident as I am writing this. Plus I’ve gotten some reading in as well. I’ve still got to get some work in on my schoolwork, so hopefully I won’t be too long winded today. But we shall see. I just have to keep pushing today is all. No matter how hard it gets. Especially with the beginning of the month coming up so fast. Some things will be changing soon as some things stay the same. I will be getting out of my room more in the coming months as well as getting out of the house. Things are starting to look up for me. I just have to get through this one class and then the changing can begin faster than it seems to be at this point. But that is not what we are here to discuss today. Today is about my time as a bouncer.
            And it was a hell of a job, one which I wish I could go back to. But alas my epilepsy keeps me from doing it. It was my favorite job out of all the jobs I have had up till this point. It wasn’t just that I had complete control of the floor and could do pretty much anything I wanted. It was the fact that I could also mingle with the crowd and talk to them every night and see how they were doing. And have real and genuine interactions with them. And even got to enjoy comedy routines now and then when the crowd was mellow enough. Got involved in them too once or twice doing my job. It was a riot.
            Then you had the odd nights now and then. Like the guy who was going crazy and wanting me to call the cops. All because he was worried about where his car was parked. He calmed down once he was reassured that his car was safe where it was parked. Then we had the guy who kept breaking into our out of order bathroom because he didn’t want to wait in line for the bathroom like everyone else. Then there was the one time that we had a strip show in the front booth and my boss said to let it go for a while and when it went almost too far he stepped in and stopped it.
            We didn’t have a ton of fights, but when we did they always seemed crazy. Such as the weight lifter brawl we had in the middle of the week once. That was a pain in the ass. Luckily they were all lined up and we just had to shove them out the door. Then we had one guy argue with our GM one night about him being a Massachusetts’ State Trooper so that entitled him to help break up a fight and get special treatment. My GM at the time basically told him to fuck off. I even got my eye broken one night cause of an idiot that had gotten hired without me being consulted, he was promptly fired the next day. It was always felt much more secure when the bouncers from the bars were around, like I had guardian angels on my shoulders. It was like one big brotherhood, like one big family.
            I still go down from time to time to visit those who are still there from when I was a bouncer. But most have moved on from then. It isn’t a job most make a career out of. But I would if I had the chance to. Plenty of stories to write from that time still. This is not the last you will hear of my days as a bouncer I am pretty sure. I’ve still got plenty of stories. Including more on when my eye was broken, and other nights that were just chaotic. And some of the after work conversations that were to be had.
            But for now I’ve got schoolwork to do. So feel free to leave comments on what you think of me being a bouncer or if you would ever consider being a bouncer below. As for me time to hit the books. *Tips his hat and walks out the door towards the study.*

No comments:

Post a Comment