Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Tuesday Thoughts: I Still Have A Slight Fever But Enjoying The Month Of Writing



            I am doing better overall since yesterday when I was still running a slight fever in the 99 degrees range. Stomach is for the most part settling down as the week is starting. I’m a little calmer though since I exploded the day before yesterday. I haven’t gotten much writing down this month since I have been sick and only had enough time to do my Odyssey article that is coming out this week as well as schoolwork. This week is still going to be busy, but not as busy as last week. Plus, I won’t be feeling as miserable as last week.
            Speaking of me being sick my fever is beginning to break as I just took my temperature a little while ago yesterday and it was below 99 degrees. Going to probably take me a couple more days to be back to fully normal, but getting there. But, I am still going to spend the day doing as much writing as I can. As well as some reading. Been spending most of the night bouncing back between the two. Not sure what I am going to write about for Odyssey this week yet.
            But, I am inspired by the article in Time Magazine from earlier in October on The White Helmets in Syria. For those that don’t know the White Helmets are the ones who respond after an attack in Syria to rescue civilians from the rubble. They also restore power and water to buildings as well. It is an all-volunteer group and they are completely neutral as well as unarmed. They recently had several of their bases attacked, which to me is the equivalent of attacking a hospital or fire station. But, hospitals have been attacked as well, which I will get more into in my article.
            I also got to thinking about education this morning as the election is coming to a head. I think Sociology should be taught in all high schools. I’ve taken a couple of Sociology classes in college so far towards my minor in it. And, I think it would help people coming out of high school understand how things effect society. It would also help them understand what influences people in society as well as what can be better used within society to help it.
            We could also use some more basic life skills classes. Like on banking and taxes for example. Society has made parents so busy that a lot of them aren’t teaching these skills anymore. Especially in the lower income households. And, it isn’t for a lack of wanting to. In most cases, it is for a lack of time, or in others it is for a lack of knowing how to do it. This is a place where schools can step in and be teaching real life math with articles of what they want to be teaching out of a book.
            Just a couple of ideas that were rolling around in my head this morning as I am writing this. That and I know it is going to be a long day today. Between seeing my neurologist and voting as well as having a good deal of reading to do. Along with a ton of writing to do. Waiting on a couple of emails to come back from my professors to answer my questions on assignments. I swear the weeks are flying by faster than I can believe it seems. But, even as time is flying by faster than I can believe right now I am still enjoying it.
            Alas though I have rambled on enough for one day. That plus I have to start getting ready to go out soon. So, feel free to leave questions and comments below. And, please feel free to share with friends and family. Plus, please go out and vote. I know I will be right after my appointment this morning. But, before that going to do some light reading and wake up a little more. *Tips his hat and walks out the door. *

No comments:

Post a Comment