Friday, November 7, 2014

Throwback Thursday The Greenies

    I know I've been absent again, but I've been busy with school as well as some deep thinking. You'll get to see some of that deep thinking soon too don't worry. I'll be posting the next three days if all goes as planned. Tonight you get a glimpse inside a very special place to me known as The Greenies. So without further ado here is my memoir entry about The Greenies.

    I was walking in an area known as The Greenies the other day that I hadn't been to in over a decade. It had been attempted to be developed in that time, but I still recognized it. I still recognized the hills I had gone sliding on as a kid in the winter time. I still could pick out the bike paths as they should have been despite there being stairs on one of them now that O used to ride my back down.

    I saw where they destroyed the skeleton of a fort me and my friends had built, and some kids had caught on fire playing with matches. Interestingly enough it had been me and my friend Albert who had put it out before the fire department got there. We got a lecture about it, but pretty much blew it off since if we hadn't done we had the whole wooded area would have gone up in a blaze. At least that was our thinking since there was so any dead leaves in the area and so much dead wood down there.

    I remembered hiding under the crab apple tree when another friend hit a cop car with a bb gun because I couldn't run fast, and they had to run for it. Though the cop hadn't heard anything apparently. I remember just a few feet away from that tree kissing and holding hands with my ex-girlfriend, Maria, when we were teenagers on many an afternoon.

    I remember riding bikes down through these areas also, right down to the train tracks that are lined with coal heavily. I also remember that it was a hell of a lot more fun to ride down to there than it was to ride back up. I also remember climbing up a rock wall face after getting loss in that area at one point, and being chewed out for the fact it was a hundred foot drop and we could have been killed we were told. Of course we blew it off, but it makes me wonder now what might have happened though I try not to go down that road.

    These are just some of the memories from one special place to me. I'm sure we all have a place like this in our past that still holds a place in our hearts. It's good to take a trip back to these places now and then in most cases. Why not take a trip back to yours today?

No comments:

Post a Comment