Monday, October 31, 2016

Monday Beginnings: Not The Best Of Nights For Me



            It was a rough day all together yesterday, nevermind just last night. It was one of those frustrating days when my problems get in the way of me doing what I really wanted to do. It started the night before last to be honest. I was supposed to go to chapel yesterday morning, but because of a bad case of insomnia I couldn’t get the sleep I needed to be attentive in chapel yesterdy morning. So, I had to call out. It bummed me out, because every time I go to chapel I leave feeling refreshed and ready for the week ahead.
            Instead I ended up sleeping till like 5 PM, which never makes me feel good. But, I was supposed to go to a show last night, and that added more stress to me getting ready for that. Then my anxiety started kicking in. And, friends were kind enough to help me beat it back for the time being. But, it came back to the point of paralyzing me as I was just about to finish getting ready. So, I ended up not going.
            I go to very few events, because I have a hard time in public gatherings. I try to do well with them, but it is hard for me. Even as my friend, Tim, tried to make it seem easier to cope with last night. But, for some reason something in me doesn’t do well with it. I can do well with family events and events where there are a lot of friends attending since I know there will be a lot of people I know there. And, they can make introductions for me and start conversations.
            It just strikes me as weird that I can strike up a conversation at a bus stop or on the bus, yet I have a hard time in other places. Maybe it is the temporary nature of the bus stop or bus ride that makes it easier. But, for some reason shows or other gatherings seem more permanent. Maybe it is because of the length of the event that it makes it seem that way. I mean a bus ride or wait is at most an hour.  Versus some of these shows and functions which go on for hours at a time. I mean I can make a few comments at the end of a movie to a stranger after all as we are all walking out like it is nothing so maybe it is that.
            But, it is still frustrating not being able to enjoy some of the things others get to enjoy. Though I am working on it still. I had a good talk with my mother last night where she told me that the next time I should call her no matter how much she is dealing with. And, today I had counseling, which helped me deal with the emotions I had coming out of my anxiety attack as well. So, I am feeling better as I am finishing this up tonight though still a bit frustrated with myself.
            But, I am resolving not to give up or give in. I will continue to fight and eventually overcome this. It is not going to be an easy road, but those things that are worth achieving rarely are. But, I refuse to give up. It’s just not in me to give up all together. I may lose some battles along the way, but I will win the way. And, to all those who gave their support last night and they know who they are, thank you. It meant a lot to me and it did help a lot. Just my mind was determined to work against me.
            I’ve rambled enough for one day though. Feel free to leave comments and questions below. And, please feel free to share with friends and family, especially if you go through anxiety attacks yourself so they might better understand what you go through. As for me I have a late assignment to work on next as well as an article for Odyssey. *Tips his hat and walks out the door. *

No comments:

Post a Comment