Monday, June 6, 2016

Monday Beginnings: Grieving



            As I was getting ready to write this a couple days ago the tragic news that the champ of champs, Muhammad Ali, had passed away broke. And, while it is sad for us since we have lost another incredible role model. At least we can be happy for him knowing he is no longer in pain. As well as in the fact that heaven just got a whole lot livelier. He stood up for what he believed in at all times whether popular or not. He challenged the world to make itself a better place in general.
            One thing Muhammad taught me is that you stand up for your principles, but you also stand by your friends and family. I’ve always prided myself on sticking by my friends and family. Not to say I haven’t made mistakes. I’ve made my fair share and always tried to own up to them. I’m not perfect though I try to be. But, it is a blessing to me that my friends and family forgive me and accept me for who I am with all my faults.
            So to me I am already rich. Just not the way most people would think of it. And, sure a little more money would be nice. I think everyone I know would agree to that. But, at the end of the day what will be your legacy you take with you when you are judged. I plan to take having left stories for the world and advocating for a better world when I go. And, not just because I have a son. I was advocating even before he was born.
            Because, it is my responsibility as a human being to leave the world better than when I walked it. We don’t do that enough. In some cases, we pave over buildings. There are rumored to be a number of underground bowling alleys in my city from back during prohibition, which has me curious and wanting to know more about them. As well as to try and explore them. I wouldn’t mind getting the land one of them is on and restoring it as well as running it. With a bit of modernizing for health reasons. As well as making it more comfortable for patrons but overall keeping things the same.
            But for now I think I can put it to good use in other ways. You’ll have to wait and see how though. But it will be worth it. By the end of summer, I hope to have a Patreon set up for my writing as well. Still working on the details of it, but getting something down in stone before I go live with it. I am expanding my horizons slowly since I want to build something solid from the foundation up. For me success doesn’t have to be Stephen King like. I just want to be able to live on doing what I love to do and that is writing. Though don’t count on me sticking to just writing I have other ambitions as well that are sure to be met at some point and time.
            I like to keep my options open on other projects I can do. Just because my brain is constantly coming up with new ideas to give back or create or who knows what. But, one thing that is constant is it being community based. Whether in the local or global sense. I hope to be able to be half the humanitarian at the very least that Muhammad Ali was. And, not for the awards but because he was right in doing it making it something to aspire to be.
            Well I think I have rambled on enough for one morning. I hope despite this being a bit of a sad column. And, a really late one that your week starts out well. Feel free to leave questions and comments below. And, if you want my columns to appear in your inbox enter your email in the box below where it says follow by email. As for me I have some work to catch up on. *Tips his hat and walks out the door. *

1 comment:

  1. Chris, as I get to know you, through your writing, I just love and admire you more and more. You are such a wonderful person. I am so proud to have you in my life. All of your goodness is so clear in your thoughts and heart-felt words. Keenan

    ReplyDelete