Thursday, July 7, 2016

Thursday Coffee: Every Cop Right Now Should Be Ashamed To Have A Badge



*Smacks every cop in the country across the face hard. * Trust me you all deserve that. You and the blue shield you all collectively abuse to hide every little wrong you do. Your job is to serve and protect the citizens from all criminals even the ones you work with. So far I have not been seeing that in my lifetime from the police.  I just got done watching a 15-year-old boy blubber because while cops had his father pinned to the ground they discovered a gun so they shot him. And, before that I watched a man die because he had a concealed weapons permit basically.
            What is wrong with you? Now I know there are a ton of you doing a good upstanding job. But, you are letting a bunch of dirty cops and cops unfit to be doing the job get away with this stuff. And, it has to stop because they are putting the public at risk. And, quite frankly they are putting you at risk by making people not trust the police. Actually to be blunt they are making people fear the police. You need to do your job and serve and protect, which means getting this scum out of the police force.
            First ask yourselves are you cops or gang members? Because the gang members are the ones using that no ratting rule. Second ask what is the law and what is best for public safety? And, that is for these people to be punished and not being cops. Let them get job retraining, but this just isn’t the line of work for them. And, I’m even willing to admit that part of the problem might be the training. I don’t know what it is, but I know that what I have been seeing lately is stuff that even a bouncer would tell you not to do.
            I see cops sprinting into situations and in some cases doing barrel rolls where there is no need for it. Unless there is screaming or a visible need to rush into something the best approach is to walk calmly into the scene being alert. That’s just common sense. Second if able to do that ask a few questions of people in the area get a feel for what is or has been going on. Again be alert. Keep the mood calm and coming down. Not amping up and becoming chaotic. Personally they should have trained you to calm things down. I shouldn’t have to be telling you this.
            Now as for those of you out there interacting with the community on a regular basis and calming down situations when you arrive instead of escalating them. Thank you. And, I am a bit sorry for the smack, but you do need to help weed out the ones giving you a bad rap. But, we need more like you who interact with the community on a regular basis. Not just patrolling, but riding through and talking to people as well as stopping and hanging out a bit.
            When the police who are assigned to patrol the neighborhood become part of it people respect them more. They trust them more as well knowing that they know what is going on and who is who. And, that these police officers are anchored into the neighborhood. At least that has been my experience. And, trust me you will find some of the best eating at little stores in the neighborhoods you are assigned to. And, I’m not against police in general I am against police who give the shield a bad name.
            Now you know how to make things right you have seen the videos go put some people in cuffs. It is what is right and what is just. Treat them like any other suspect no special treatment for them either. Other than a special lock up so they don’t get shanked. But, I will leave it to you to do your job as I hope you will. Don’t let this injustice go unpunished.
            I’ll step off my soapbox for now. Feel free to leave questions and comments below. And, if you want my column to appear in your inbox enter your email in the box below where it says follow by email. As for me I have a ton of work to do still. *Tips his hat and walks out the door. *

No comments:

Post a Comment