Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sunday Chit Chat: Just Some Ramblings



            I was planning to write yesterday, but for the first time in a while I got sucked into a book and lost track of time. It felt great to me even if I did lose writing time. I mean I know I read all the time for class, but it’s not the same as reading for personal enjoyment. There is just a feeling you get when you read for yourself. And, it has been a while since I just sat down here and chatted with you, my readers, without having a message in mind to share with you. You know just general chit chat.
            And, there has been a lot going on in my life lately that I wanted to share with you as well. For one I have started writing someplace else besides here. That place being Odyssey and my writing for there is an article a week. Though here is where you will find me being more personal as well as more of my local stuff in some cases, such as my rants against the governor of my state unless he blunders on a national level. This week head on over there to see my calling for community involvement. I’ll be posting a link to the article on my Facebook pages and my twitter as well as anywhere else I can think to. They are a great company and let their writers have free reign over what they write. As well as having a great editing staff along with excellent staff in the social media department as well. I cannot say enough good stuff about this company.
            Now the second new thing is that I am part of the midnight broadcast of “That Damn Radio Show”, which you can find on Facebook where the links are posted to the show. It airs at noon and midnight live. In between those shows there are old radio shows and cool music. I will only be on the midnight show though I encourage people to listen to both shows and give the stuff in between a listen and see what they like. It will allow me to promote my writing as well as other people’s stuff that I enjoy. I am looking forward to getting started with it. I encourage everyone to tune in tonight at midnight.
            On top of those two major changes I am full time at SNHU and enjoying it though at times I get behind in my work. But, that is from my own issues and not the work load. The teachers are all incredibly supportive as is my advisor. And, I feel like I’m growing as a writer as well as a person as I continue my journey through college. I’m in my junior year right now for those wondering and I still feel like I have so much to learn. But, maybe that is one of the secrets to life. To never stop learning as you walk through life. It’s a good principle to live by I think anyways. Maybe it just fits for me as well as those who are addicted to learning. I know crazy as it sounds but I am hooked on learning.
            While doing all of that I am still trying to get out of the house more as well as getting some personal writing done. Keep this blog going as strong as possible and have a social life. Plus, make appointments for my health. It gets pretty crazy at times. And, at times I am not the best at some of them, but I am trying. I thank everyone for having patience with me as I work at balancing all of this. And, to the local Dunkin Donuts for keeping the ice coffees coming. Trust me coffee helps a lot at times. For most writers coffee is an important part of the day. Now if I can just get better sleeping hours I would be doing much better.
            But, I have rambled on long enough for one day. I’ll try to be here more often now that things are starting to streamline a bit more. Feel free to leave questions and comments below. And, if you want my columns to appear in your inbox enter your email address in the box below where it says follow by email. As for me I am going to do some more reading and check on grades before working on next week’s article a bit. *Tips his hat and walks out the door. *

No comments:

Post a Comment