Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Some Thoughts For The Week So Far


    *Goes to start the coffee brewer before sitting down to write*
    *Coffee maker rips itself out of the wall and runs out the door screaming, "I can't take it anymore!"
    *Thinks to self, "Apparently I haven't been running enough decafe through the machine."*
    *Sits down to write*
    Well minus one coffee maker I'm back again. The week is already turning out to be an interesting one with a load of stuff going on from me being bogged down in History Homework to me working on writing a Christmas Story in July. As well as an anticipated book club meeting not happening as planned. We're still not sure who will run the writing meeting when it happens Wednesday, but that usually works itself out.
    So you might wonder why I don't run the writing group meetings. That is simple, I have no writing pictures for inspiration or power point presentations. And they don't really give you a chalkboard to work with in there. Plus I haven't mastered public speaking in front of a group yet, but I plan to in this next year. But I do share my ideas with those that regularly moderate the meetings, so my ideas don't go unheard. Some aren't fully developed and I realize that and some are. Those are the ones that end up getting used.
    One of the other reasons I don't is cause of so much school work. For instance this week in History I have to do a discussion board, an essay, and draft my final paper for the class, as well as read one chapter in my History book. I'll get it done in the end, but it will bog me down. Mostly towards the end of the week since that is when I get most of my writing for school done normally anyways. It's not how I plan it out to work just how it ends up working out. Between that and personal writing by the time the week is over I need a break. Mainly cause I have stressed myself out so much.
    And most of it is school writing lately. I've been averaging less than a thousand words a week, with the exception of this week. Between my blog and Christmas Story alone this week I should have at least 1300 words at the very least. But I'll try to aim for more, and maybe it would help if my work space was more orderly. Just a thought. I'll have to work on that throughout the week and weeks to come. I still have to finish Chapter 3 and do a complete revision of The Gunslinger Chronicles in the next couple of weeks, so that I can get it off for an opinion on it. The good news on that is that Chapter 3 is almost complete. Longest chapter I've ever written too at over 4000 words. I've read authors who do more and some who do less, so not really worried about length. Just been surprising how long it has gone on for me.
    Speaking of reading, for some reason the book club I'm part of didn't have its weekly meeting this week. I'm a little worried about our administrator since it's not like her to miss a meeting. *Spoiler Alert* I was hoping to get to talk about Hobie in The Goldfinch I find him to be a cross between the dad from "Nash Bridges" and Gibbs from "NCIS". He really is an intriguing and endearing character. I find myself being drawn to read more when he is in the scene. My jaw dropped when Theo told Mrs. Barbour about him. I was like no she'll make you stop going, and when she didn't I was even more surprised. I like how Hobie and Theo are aiding each other in recovering. More Hobie aiding Theo I think, but that is because Hobie has been through this type of thing before I suspect and has more experience in dealing with it. *End Spoiler Alert* Sorry had to get some of that out since I couldn't get it out in book club this week. Can only burst about a book for so long before you're ready to explode after all.
    I suppose I better go catch that coffee maker before it makes too much mischief. And you might hear from me again this week. Especially with so much going on already, who knows what will happen next. Still no photos I haven't had time to use my photo software yet. Even then won't be anything spectacular other than my bookshelves. But I hope you have a good day or night depending on when you're reading this. And I hope you try to live life to the fullest and with an open mind.
    *Gets up and walks away looking for the coffee maker.*

No comments:

Post a Comment