Saturday, January 28, 2017

2017 Is Looking to Be An Eventful Year For Me



            I am writing more regularly from now on. How long will it last? Who knows? But, I am taking advantage of it for now. I am feeling good about the year ahead at least as far as my personal life goes. Not to say there won’t be challenges ahead in it. My fiancée is on her way up here now though currently stuck on that journey due to car problems that are being worked out. I won’t say where because of security concerns. She’s decided to join me in my studies of the Mormon Faith, so when she gets here she will be getting the first lesson. Hopefully it will be in time for the next meeting between me and the Elders. That is the plan anyways.
            I’m planning to push my writing career even further with this blog among other things. And, if anyone thinks I am holding my tongue think again. I hold it for no one and nothing. I bow only to God. I will be friends to anyone. But, I don’t hold my tongue either. I got a bit trampled last year, but not this year. This year I am standing up for what is best for me and I don’t give a damn who likes it. That doesn’t mean I am not going to play nice. Just means I know what I need to do for me and I am going to do it.
            Some will call this selfish I am sure, but I have to walk my path as I see fit. And, I can’t let people talk down to me about who I am or discourage me from sticking up for myself or what I believe in. Some may rightly and wrongly think this is about them. Let me pose this question to them: What have you done to make this possibly about you? And, if it fits what can you do to make it better? I’m not going to point out the ones it pertains to because it is not worth my time. When the time comes, things will be resolved.
            As far as events coming up?  Well most immediately my fiancée should be here tomorrow after another bump in the road, but she is close to being here. In the late spring/early summer I am coming out in an anthology. I’m also working on a sociological/political book. More sociological than political. And, I am doing one from a fast food worker’s point of view as well though this will be a work of fiction. I am going to be making sure I start having regular book club and writing meetings as well.
            And, my fiancée, Moriah Sheats or as I call her Moriah Bartlett is here finally. It feels heavenly having her here already. She already wants to make life easier on me and I am letting her, but at the same time making sure I do my fair share. As well as help in any way I can. It is true what they say when the right woman comes along it makes you strive to be better though you should always strive to be better. As well as the fact that when you aren’t looking you will find that one. I wrote more in depth on her and us for Odyssey this coming week. If all goes well it will be out Monday or Tuesday but it depends on how much editing needs to be done.
            I’m also going to be submitting pieces for Writer’s Digest and a few other magazines this upcoming year. It’s time to start making a bigger name for myself and I aim to start doing it now. I’ve been slacking a bit up until now and doing alright for myself, but now I am turning up the heat. That means I have to do better with this blog as well. It is going to take some doing, but I will get there. Writing articles and stories are easier than a blog, but it can be and will be done.
            I’ve rambled on enough for the past week to get this together and enough for one day. There is a sermon to come tomorrow. I understand for those not religious that don’t want to read it. Hence why I am giving you a head’s up. As always feel free to comment or ask questions below. And, if you want to spread the news of what is coming from me to your friends and family feel free to share this. As for me I am off to do more work of some sort as always. *Tips his hat and walks out the door into the arms of Moriah*.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to be here, and I love you. Hell of a trip, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to be here, and I love you. Hell of a trip, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome to hear buddy and happy for both you and Moriah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. * Stares at Chris* You and I need to talk.

    ReplyDelete